Learn More About SGR Nairobi and SGR Mombasa Train Stations Taxi Transfer Service to the Central Business Districts or your destinations.
One of the best things that have happened in the Kenyan History is the construction and operation of The Standard Gauge Railway commonly known as SGR from Nairobi To Mombasa.
The article will also help you know how you can pre-book and secure SGR Kenya Train Stations Taxi Transfer Service (SGR Mombasa and SGR Nairobi)
It is commonly known as Madaraka express.
Though the infrastructure has elicited controversy in the political circles, Kenyans contend that it is a great way to make transportation hustle free.
How to BOOK SGR Train tickets Online and from the Stations
As a travel provider, we found the need to advise on how you can secure SGR tickets.
This can be bought from Online means and also offline from the stations.
The Kenya Railways does not allow un-authorized business men, hotels or travel agents to sell tickets.
Companies doing this have to get express consents from the Kenya Railways. You can read more here.
If you prefer to use the Online Platform, Kindly use the procedure below
- Using your internet-enabled computer log on to metickets.krc.co.ke where you can buy tickets online and you will receive booking confirmation once payment confirmed.
- Under train type, kindly select the preferred train. There are the express one and the inter-county one from the drop-down menu. Madaraka Express for the afternoon or SGR inter-county for morning travel
- Select your station of departure (Mombasa, Athi River, Email, Kibwezi, Miaseny, Mariakani, Mtito Andei, Voi or Nairobi) and your destination Stations.
- Indicate or select the travel date
- The system will populate the available seats.
- Select the coach type and indicate the number of passengers (Second Class or First class)
- Enter the passenger details (Full names, ID/Passport number, and Nationality)
- Currently, only the Mpesa mode of payment is enabled. Maybe they have plans to include other payment modes.
SGR Train Ticket Bookings. Please see a summary of SGR current rates
- Adults: Ksh 3,000
- Children: (between 3 - 11 years): Ksh 1500
- Children below 3 years: FREE
- Economy Class
- Adults: Ksh 1000
- Children: (between 3 - 11 years): Ksh 500
- Children below 3 years: FREE
How to Book SGR Nairobi and SGR Mombasa Train Stations Taxi Transfer Service
The Stations are located in the Central Business Districts of Both Nairobi and Mombasa.
If you are a lone traveller and part of a tour package, you need to find a convenient way to get transferred from The Station to the Nairobi Airport or Mombasa Airport or any other hotels in The two towns.
Kindly Book your transfer service using this booking engine that will calculate the distance where you can book your arrangement days in advance. Alternatively, Contact us for a prior arrangement.
Someone will arrive at your destination in less 30 mins and will be waiting for you with your name at the booking arrivals gate of Nairobi Airport Terminals and take you to your destination safely.